Frenchman’s Cove beach is a hidden treasure; picture perfect with soft, golden sands and sapphire water- shaded by a canopy of emerald trees. Our beach is a unique place where sea and river combine to create a tropical paradise. Frenchman’s Cove beach is the kind of place where you lose track of time. You can laze with a book, relax with some drinks, or splash in the sea salt spray. The beach is accompanied with freshwater riverside showers, restrooms, and a beach bar and grill.
Beach Menu: Click here to see our beach menu
For guests who are not staying on the resort, a fee is payable for access to the beach.
* Only prior reservations can guarantee entry based on numbers limitation.
* A mask must be worn at all times except for when in the water. No mask upon arrival will refuse your entry.
* No food and Beverage allowed (Items may be purchased from independently operated bar and grill located on the beach)
* Your temperature will be taken upon arrival and any elevated temperature reading will deny access.
* Only items allowed to be brought on to property are a bottle of water per person, sanitizer, towel, and mask
* No games allowed i.e.dominoes, football, frisbees etc.
* No flotation devices
* Social distance markers on the property & beach must be observed, only parties with less than 20 persons may be together.
* As we try to reduce the exchange of monies, we ask you to arrive with the exact amount for entrance payment
* Please do not leave trash on the beach
* Any lost and found items will be discarded.
* Restrooms have queues demarcated by social distance lines with 3 person entry at any one time. Each gender has a designated attendant to sanitize after each use.
* The operating times are from 10 am to 5 pm. Persons must depart property no later than 5:15 pm
* No Re-entry
* Daybeds can be rented from Bar and Grill ar a cost of US$3 per bed, (Beds are sanitized before and after use)
The beach at Frenchman’s Cove is one of Jamaica’s most beautiful places. Surrounded on both sides by vegetated rocky cliffs, the stunning contrast between the green forests and cerulean sky and ocean make this place truly special. The films Lord Of The Flies and Knight And Day were filmed on the beach, showcasing both the beauty and wildness of the area. It is located on the eastern side of the island in Portland parish, far from the busy tourist towns like Ocho Rios and Montego Bay. While you’re nearby, make sure to check out Blue Lagoon, another of Jamaica’s most beautiful spots.
What time does the beach open and close?
Our beach is open from 9:00 til 17:00.
How much is entry to the beach?
For adults beach entry is $12 USD and for children under 12 $6 USD. Beach passes can be purchased higher up this page.
Is there a local rate for beach entry?
Yes. Entrance to the beach for Jamaican residents is $1,000.00 JMD for adults and $500.00 JMD for children under 12. Please bring your ID.
Can I take food and drink to the beach?
It is not permitted for guests to bring food and drink to Frenchman’s Cove beach. Frenchman’s Cove has an independently operated beach Bar & Grill serving traditional Jamaican dishes ranging from jerk chicken to lobster. A variety of alcoholic and soft drinks are also sold including juices, cocktails, beers and wine! Please find the menu here.
What amenities are there at the beach?
We have an adjacent grassed area to the beach reserved for the playing of games as this is not allowed on the sand area. Opposite the beach is a yoga shala which is not a part of your day pass beach experience but a rental arrangement can be made by visiting the reception building.
Is there a group discount for beach entry?
We offer a discount on the beach entrance fee for groups of 60 and more. For more information please contact the front desk on +1 (876) 993-7270.
Can I rent beach chairs?
Yes. Beach chairs can be rented out from the Beach Bar & Grill. They are priced at $3 per bed.
Can I rent the Frenchman’s Cove beach for an event?
Yes. Guests can rent the Frenchman’s Cove beach for birthdays or any event of your choice, we have two types of rental dependent on the nature of your event, kindly complete and submit the Venue Rental Application Form and we will be in contact to assist in making this arrangement.
Beach Code of Conduct
Frenchman’s Cove is a tranquil and beautiful place. To preserve its charm we kindly ask guests to adhere to the following code of conduct:
• No smoking anywhere on the Frenchman’s Cove property
• No ball games on the beach, though this is permitted on the adjoining grass area
• No food and beverages to be brought on to the property
• No music to be played on the beach
• No Nudity
• No Pets/Animals
• Swimming is not permitted beyond the demarcation rope
• No swimming outside of lifeguard presence 9am to 5pm
• We have two designated parking areas – The Car park for cars and area at the entrance of the property for larger vehicles and when the car park has been filled. Please note vehicles are parked at owners’ risk.
Featured in Vogue
Featured in Vogue