Terms & Conditions
1. 50% deposit required to confirm the booking, balance to be paid 7 days before arrival TO 50% deposit required to confirm the booking within three days of booking, balance to be paid 14 days prior arrival. Any booking made less than 14 days prior to arrival must be paid in full.
2. Online Payments are taken in USD.
3. Frenchman’s Cove has the right up to thirty (30) days with prior notice to debit Credit card for incidentals.
4. All lost and found will be destroyed after ninety (90) days.
5. Any rental within 14 days must pay full cost prior arrival
6. All reservations must be in the name of the parties staying on property.
7. The paying party must present identification upon arrival, a copy to be retained by Frenchman’s Cove.
8. All overseas guests who wish to pay the local rate must present a work permit, local identification or Caricom passport.
9. Any wire transfer made to Frenchman’s Cove must be cleared within our Bank prior to booking confirmation.
10. Government Tax of $1 per room per night will be added to the fee quoted.
11. Smoke-free properties, therefore smoking is prohibited.
12. No pets allowed.
13. No cooking allowed
1. 30 days prior cancellation notice for full refund.
2. 14 days prior cancellation notice for 50% refund.
3. No refunds for Jamaican & traditional holiday bookings.
4. No refunds for special booking offers
5. Our properties retain many of the original 1950’s modernist architectural features and fittings which due to their age do show some decorative wear and tear. If anything in your accommodation is not functional, please let our hotel team know and we will do our best to assist. If your room is not cleaned to your satisfaction, please contact our staff who will assist. We do not offer refunds for cleaning or decorative concerns.
Take Care In Our Natural Environment
At Frenchman’s Cove, it is our aim to offer our guests an authentic experience of Jamaica’s lush and beautiful, natural environment. Our founders believe in preserving the natural beauty of the land that we are proud to be guardians to. To achieve this goal, our resort buildings and amenities are seamlessly connected with the natural environment. As a result of this, we encourage our guests to take care on site and be mindful of the hazards that can arise when out in nature. We have included below some suggestions on how best to mitigate these issues and get the most out of your stay and this unique natural experience.
1. We have many beautiful, productive fruit trees across the grounds of our resort including mangoes, coconuts, almonds, and avocados. Care should be taken when walking under these trees as ripe fruit may fall at any time.
2. A part of any healthy, natural ecosystem are native insects and wildlife. These may be encountered during your stay with us. Wearing long sleeves, pants, and socks will help protect your skin from insect bites when outdoors. Be aware that insects may be drawn to scented soaps and perfumes.
3. We have many mature, trees and plants across our resort. Roots, vines and uneven surfaces may be encountered when walking on our resort footpaths and roads, and these routes can in places blend into the natural environment. Our guests may want to bring a torch with them.
4. Many of our guests enjoy swimming in our award-winning beach. We are lucky to have both a natural, freshwater river and a unique cove with a sandy, sheltered beach and shoreline. For the safety of our visitors, during our public opening hours, our resort beach has lifeguards on duty. Please contact our hotel team for our public opening hours, as these times may vary throughout the year. Swimming is done so at our visitor’s own risk.
5. Our resort is built around 48 acres of waterside land. In some areas we have natural cliffs and sloped ground, care must be taken by our visitors in these locations. If you are bringing children to our resort, we recommend that you speak to our hotel team to advise on what areas and accommodations are most suited for children.